Twitter is where people come to discover what’s happening in the world – and most importantly, to discuss it. With over 500 million Tweets being sent each day, hundreds of millions of people are exploring links, articles, Retweets, Trends, and Moments to find out about what’s new.
For brands, Twitter also provides the opportunity to have direct conversations with your audience; it naturally encourages two-way communication, hence why it's a great channel to gauge consumer sentiment. Let's look at Twitter's user statistics and ad features in more detail.
- 330m daily active users.
- 36% of Twitter users are aged between 18-29 years old.
- 66% of Twitter users have discovered a new business on Twitter.
- Basics: Location, age, gender, language.
- Audiences: On and offline behaviours, interests or emoji use.
- Technology: Device type, mobile service provider.
- Others: Event, Keywords, Followers, Retargeting and List targeting.
START WITH GOALS:
- Awareness: Branding.
- Consideration: Website Traffic, Engagement, Video views.
- Conversions: Website conversions, App conversions, App Install.
TWITTER’S GOLDEN RULES FOR WINNING MARKETERS
- Colour is one of the first things which leaps out at Twitter users as they scroll through their feeds. Creating eye-catching visuals is imperative to get noticed and drive clicks.
- Run creative tests to determine best-performing images for your overall campaign objective and target audience.
- Twitter is all about offering up-to-the-minute content. Seasonal advertising campaigns align your advertising with the spirit of Twitter and encourage engagement.
- Tailor your images and ad copy to speak to specific audiences and demographics for more impact.
- Twitter is about short and concise messages, so make sure your ads fit in by being as direct as possible. A single message with clear copy about what a user can expect if they click on your ad is the best approach.
- Make sure your Twitter ads feature messaging which conveys what your brand stands for or represents. Doing so will ensure ads are memorable to your audience.
- Don’t overuse hashtags or mentions in your ads. If you’ll be using an @mention in your ad, make sure it’s relevant to the messaging of your campaign and limit your ad’s hashtags to a maximum of two or three. Too many can distract from your main point and lead viewers to click away from your ad.
If you would like to book an advisory call today and discuss how Adglow can help you to craft a winning digital advertising strategy, contact us. And if you're just interested in learning more about different Twitter ad formats, check out our Digital Media Lab by clicking on the banner below.